May is a mad month. A month of random musings about various topics related to musical theatre. Today’s post is more about me and my life in the theatre in general. Here are 20 questions that together form a fun theatre survey. Feel free to copy and paste and add your answers in the comment box, if you’d like!
1. LAST SHOW ADDED TO YOUR RESUME: Edges.
2. LAST SHOW YOU AUDITIONED FOR: Edges.
3. DID YOU GET IT: Yes.
4. LAST SONG YOU USED AT AN AUDITION: “Elaborate Lives” from Aida.
5. FAVORITE MUSICAL(S): Gypsy, Follies, South Pacific…
6. FAVORITE PLAY(s): Antigone, A Doll’s House, Angels in America…
7. FAVORITE ROLE YOU’VE PLAYED, AND FROM WHAT SHOW: Man in Marry Me a Little.
8. FAVORITE ROLE OVERALL THAT YOU WOULD LOVE TO PLAY: Bobby in Company, then Ben in Follies.
9. THE ROLE THAT GOT AWAY: Hmmm… I think I’m too old to ever play Jack in Into the Woods now. Sad.
10. SUPERSTITION: Walking under ladders is bad luck.
11. YOUR GOAL IN SHOW BUSINESS: To continue writing, directing and performing, on my terms as it suits me.
12. FAVORITE DIRECTOR YOU HAVE EVER WORKED WITH: Marléne Pieterse, who directed me as Agammemnon as well as in Jean Anouilh’s Antigone and in a bunch of children’s theatre shows.
13. WHAT WAS YOUR VERY FIRST SHOW?: I was Joseph in my kindergarten’s nativity play.
14. HAVE YOU EVER HAD A DANCE SOLO?: Only in dance festivals. Long ago. Looooooooong ago.
15. HAVE YOU EVER HAD A SINGING SOLO?: Yes.
16. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN THE LAST PERSON TO TAKE A BOW?: Yes.
17. WHAT’S THE SCARIEST PART OF AN AUDITION?: The waiting around.
18. WHAT’S THE BEST PART OF AN AUDITION? Nailing something.
19. NAME A SHOW YOU WOULD NEVER DO AGAIN: Nothing springs to mind.
20. NAME A SHOW YOU COULD DO FOR YEARS: Edges.