I’m piloting a refreshed look for the show pages here at Musical Cyberspace and I thought I would test things out on The Phantom of the Opera.
- A new introduction has been written for the show.
- A character list has been added for the show.
- The layout for the synopsis has been redone.
- Short reviews for 3 of the major English cast recordings have been added to the site.
- The links to scripts, scores and books related to the show have been refreshed and now feature short reviews of each.
Still to Come
- The index will be linked directly to the content once the content is complete.
- A decision around the inclusion or exclusion of Webring will be taken.
- An analytic commentary of the show will be added.
- Reviews of the remaining 2 major English recordings as well as reviews of the film and the 25th anniversary concert video recording will be will be written.
I hope that you are enjoying the changes and the new content. If you have any suggestions, feel free to write them down by commenting on this post. I can’t say that I’ll accommodate everything – for example, I am never going to include the lyrics for the show here, nor will I host an extensive show specific photo gallery because I simply don’t have the space, but I will take what is posted into consideration and take it from there.