Search Musical Cyberspace:
Musical Cyberspace Archives
- Abe Burrows Aida Alan Jay Lerner Alan Menken A Little Night Music Andrew Lloyd Webber Angela Lansbury Annie Get Your Gun Arthur Laurents Beauty and the Beast Ben Elton Broadway Cabaret Camelot Carousel Cast Recordings Chicago Cole Porter Commentary Company Disney Dreamgirls Elton John Ethel Merman Follies Frank Loesser Fred Ebb Glenn Slater Guys and Dolls Gypsy Haiku Hairspray Harold Prince How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying Into the Woods James Lapine Jerry Herman Jesus Christ Superstar John Kander La Cage aux Folles Legally Blonde Leonard Bernstein Liza Minnelli Lorenz Hart Love Never Dies Maury Yeston Michael John LaChiusa Movies Musicals My Fair Lady Nine Oklahoma! Oscar Hammerstein II Patti LuPone Photographs Promises Promises Ragtime RENT Richard Rodgers Rob Ashford Sondheim on Sondheim South Pacific Stephen Sondheim Sunday in the Park With George Sweeney Todd Theatremaking The Lion King The Phantom of the Opera The Sound of Music Tim Rice Tony Awards West End West Side Story Wicked YouTube
CategoriesAndrew Lloyd Webber Animation Arthur Laurents Broadway Cast Recording Reviews Commentary Concept Albums Concerts Disney Fun Stuff General News International Movies Musicals Newsflash Off Broadway Oscar Hammerstein II Photo Calls Regional Richard Rodgers Stephen Sondheim Television Theatremaking Theory and Practice The Saturday List Tim Rice Tony Awards Uncategorized West End YouTube
- @ColeEscola A bushel in the hand is worth.... Hang on, that's not right. 1 hour ago
- @benrimalower Now ain't that too damn bad! 1 hour ago
- Cast named for @PieterToerien-produced @OfficialALW & @SirTimRice hit #Evita at @MONTECASINOZA & @ArtscapeTheatre! broadwayworld.com/south-africa/a… 3 hours ago
- South Africa's most successful musical revue, @ianvonmem's A HANDFUL OF KEYS, returns to @TheatreOnTheBay from 30/8 broadwayworld.com/south-africa/a… 4 hours ago
- @Gate69CapeTown goes full throttle with @cathyspecificsa & the @trolleydolls, #CampComedy & an adult panto #Macbeth! broadwayworld.com/south-africa/a… 4 hours ago
Tag Archives: Abe Burrows
What’s buzzin, cuzzins? This is a list of 5 of my favourite musicals of the 1950s.
The first single-song showstopper for the month is “Sit Down You’re Rocking the Boat”, from GUYS AND DOLLS, a musical comedy with book by Jo Swerling and Abe Burrows and music and lyrics by Frank Loesser. Read the song discussion and post your own comments of the song. Continue reading
March 2012 at Musical Cyberspace is all about songs with people’s names in the title. “Adelaide’s Lament” is a fantastic character piece. Crafted by Frank Loesser for the 1950 musical Guys and Dolls, the song helps to define precisely who … Continue reading
In January, Musical Cyberspace is going to work through a chain of musicals. This is how it works: each day I will discuss, in brief, a musical linked to the previous day’s musical by some kind of common ground. It … Continue reading
Guys and Dolls Been in love before? Then follow the fold of love. Bet your soul on it! Want to write your own Guys and Dolls haiku? Head to the comment box and give it a try!