Search Musical Cyberspace:
Musical Cyberspace Archives
- Abe Burrows Aida Alan Jay Lerner Alan Menken A Little Night Music Andrew Lloyd Webber Angela Lansbury Annie Get Your Gun Arthur Laurents Beauty and the Beast Ben Elton Broadway Cabaret Camelot Carousel Cast Recordings Chicago Cole Porter Commentary Company Disney Dreamgirls Elton John Ethel Merman Follies Frank Loesser Fred Ebb Glenn Slater Guys and Dolls Gypsy Haiku Hairspray Harold Prince How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying Into the Woods James Lapine Jerry Herman Jesus Christ Superstar John Kander La Cage aux Folles Legally Blonde Leonard Bernstein Liza Minnelli Lorenz Hart Love Never Dies Maury Yeston Michael John LaChiusa Movies Musicals My Fair Lady Nine Oklahoma! Oscar Hammerstein II Patti LuPone Photographs Promises Promises Ragtime RENT Richard Rodgers Rob Ashford Sondheim on Sondheim South Pacific Stephen Sondheim Sunday in the Park With George Sweeney Todd Theatremaking The Lion King The Phantom of the Opera The Sound of Music Tim Rice Tony Awards West End West Side Story Wicked YouTube
CategoriesAndrew Lloyd Webber Animation Arthur Laurents Broadway Cast Recording Reviews Commentary Concept Albums Concerts Disney Fun Stuff General News International Movies Musicals Newsflash Off Broadway Oscar Hammerstein II Photo Calls Regional Richard Rodgers Stephen Sondheim Television Theatremaking Theory and Practice The Saturday List Tim Rice Tony Awards Uncategorized West End YouTube
- "Don't blame the messenger, she'd say calmly,@grow up and look to yourself instead." - @stephenfry, MAKING HISTORY 1 day ago
- @Assitej_ZA: @ASSITEJ International Theatre Fest offers congress, conference & a wealth of theatre for young people. broadwayworld.com/south-africa/a… 2 days ago
- @pennyyoungleson Eep. I hope that nap is a good, long and restful one! 2 days ago
- @ChildrensTheatr's to bring #SEEDFOLKS to Cape Town for @Assitej_ZA's #CradleOfCreativity. broadwayworld.com/seattle/articl… 3 days ago
- Wesley Wolhuter | Solo Piano Recital @MasqueTheater | 2 April | 19:00 broadwayworld.com/south-africa/a… 3 days ago
Tag Archives: Jerome Kern
Last week, I looked at the first dozen colours that appear in “Joseph’s Coat”, the song in Joseph and the Amazing The second part of a three-part list naming show tunes for each of the colours in “Joseph’s Coat” from JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT. Continue reading
Sometimes its easy to forget just how far musicals have come; it’s also easy to dismiss how much the ground-breakers were doing at the time. Continue reading
Although many people dismiss the musical as a relevant form of artistic expression, the musical can easily hold its own alongside any form of theatre you might care to mention. So I thought that today, I might put together a Saturday list of just ten times musicals have been completely in step with the world around them. Continue reading
In the beginning, there was music and there was drama, and musical theatre was without form. Broadway was in darkness. And Henry Jarrett and Harry Palmer moved upon the face of the district, by arrangement with William Wheatley. “Let there be light,” they said: and there was THE BLACK CROOK. Continue reading
Show Boat Make believe lovers Believe loving makes the man; Rivers roll along Want to write your own Show Boat haiku? Head to the comment box and give it a try!
Sally Cinderella Sally In an alley has a dream: A Follies Princess! Want to write your own Sally haiku? Head to the comment box and give it a try!